currently...

www.flickr.com

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Stupid Lesbians

On Saturday I woke up a little hung over but realized I had to haul myself out of bed because I was supposed to go pick up a bookshelf from a garage sale (I had reserved it in advance). It was a steamy hot day but the sale was only about a 20 minute walk so I figured I would head over, get the shelf (and anything else that looked interesting) and take a cab home. I got there, bought the bookshelf (a 2 foot wide, 1 foot deep, 4 foot high shelf). It wasn't too heavy so I decided to carry it to the closest major intersection where I could get a cab. I waved a few down. They did not even SLOW DOWN. In fact, I think most of them sped up.

So I picked up the bookshelf and hoisted it on my back, and hiked down to the next major street where there was a street car. It being a stupidly humid day, I was completely drenched in my own sweat within seconds. My t-shirt became translucent and my face glistened.
I got on the streetcar for the 2 minute ride to my street and hopped off. I was happy to be in the home stretch. There is a salon at the corner of my street and there were these 2 dolled up princesses (who worked there) sitting outside smoking while I huffed by with my shelf. I saw them stare at me and then as I was just past them one of them said loudly to the other, "STUPID LESBIANS!!!"

What the fuck was that? It was about the funniest thing I have ever heard. Obviously a sweaty, bookshelf-carrying girl is a lesbian. And a stupid one at that. Duh.

Anyway, I just thought that was about the best "insult" I have ever received.

After I delivered the shelf I showered and then head up to Pat's cottage with Mariza and Shawn for the rest of the weekend. It was bliss. Swimming, scrabble, sun, and steak. Yes, I ate steak. It was so relaxing and fantastical. I will try and post photos later in the week. Big day tomorrow. 2 interviews and then in the evening I hop on the Greyhound for an 11-hour ride to visit my parents/friends/brother for a week. Party time. Excellent.

No comments:


web statistic