currently...

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Yellow Birds

On Thursday after work I flew to Vancouver. I tried to unwind in the plane. I didn't want to carry my stress over to my fun weekend on the other side of the country. I think I have been to Vancouver about 5 times now. It is really one of my favourite places. A nice city with great shops and restaurants and mountains and water and beaches accessible to the city! But every time I had visited in the past, I had been really lucky and only experienced amazing sunny weather. This time it rained. A LOT. Something called the Pineapple Express - "a subtropical jet stream that brings warm, moist air from the south Pacific Ocean to the West Coast." Vancouver didn't get the worst of it, but it was still rather rainy. But it was actually ok. Because now I know what BC is like in the rain. And it was still fun. So good to see GENNY again! Super hospitality by the two G's and their crazy cats. Much eating of sushi (TWICE - once was Japanese tapas and then ghetto sushi!), CUPCAKES (which make me so happy and yet so ill, as I have demonstrated before), and yellow birds (delicious drinks with rum and lime and Galliano and vodka). Additionally, I got to see the Tragically Hip, Borat, and rode a ferry! Life is good. I love it when I am away from work and any stress I previously felt just melts away.

But now I am back and angry and irritated with everyone around me and mostly just feel like hiding in my room and eating pizza. I hate the darkness that comes with the winter and gloomy weather. Maybe I should buy a sun lamp. Maybe I should quit my job. Maybe I should start listening to Yanni and meditate. Maybe I should go to bed.

2 comments:

Mariza said...

Yanni never did anyone any good. Just ask his girlfriend.

orange you glad said...

I take it back. There will be no listening to Yanni. Perhaps a little Kenny G? Did you ever notice that Kenny G is Genny K reversed? Coincidence? I think not.


web statistic