currently...

www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Vanilla

This weather is a bit exhausting. The grey, gloomy cold. A fog has descended over my brain. I'm slow. It worries me because I have this interview coming up. For one of the schools I applied to. In 2 weeks I will head to New York to hopefully impress them with my witty banter, pointed questions and obvious intelligence. They will not only accept me on the spot, but they will offer to pay for the whole thing. I can't wait until that happens. The thing that scares me are the days like this where I am so out of it and unable to string together any semblance of a complete sentence. But I swear it is the weather and not any alcohol-related problem.

Yes, I went out last night. But I hardly drank. I had gone out for dinner right before, and gorged myself on monk fish, rapini, smoked salmon, grapefruit and greens, and vanilla creme brule for dessert. TOO MUCH FOOD. Made drinking the LAST thing I wanted to do. But it was a fun night without much alcohol. Seeing friends from undergrad who I hadn't seen in years and years. Music was fun. Very danceable. The only problem with the whole night was all the other people there. There were just too many of them. Pushing into us all night. Dancing on top of us. The worst was this one group of girls who decided to dance in 'our space' and all REEKED of vanilla. There must have been some sort of vanilla party before they came to the club. It was gross. Vanilla is a nice scent when it is subtle. But this was too much. Headache-inducing. Although they probably crowded over to our area because of our friend Jermaine. First of all, Jermaine is great because we share the same birthday (in a month!). But the real reason that he was the celebrity of the club last night was because he was wearing a classic Beverly Hills 90210 shirt. The girls could not get enough of him. "OH MY GOD! I LOVE YOUR SHIRT!" "CAN I TOUCH IT?!?!" It was hilarious. I don't think his girlfriend would have let him out loose on the town with that shirt on if she had realized the scene he caused. Even guys were stopping him to compliment him on it. Poor Chamoun, I think he felt a little overshadowed... and it was his birthday. :( Maybe next time Jermaine will let him wear the shirt so that he can feel the love.

Ok, two more gripes about clubs (just to really illustrate how I am old and crotchety and not suited to go to such venues as much as I used to be). 1) There was a 20 minute line up to get our coats from coat check. 2) There was a line up to LEAVE the building. Ok, complaining done. Time for a nap.

2 comments:

Lesterhead said...

Oooo! Grad School in NYC! Come here, and hang out with Citycrab and I!

orange you glad said...

Actually, the interview is for a school in the UK... the interview is just in New York so I don't have to go all the way overseas.

But if you are around that weekend we should meet for coffee!


web statistic