currently...

www.flickr.com

Friday, December 18, 2009

Flying home

At airport on the way back to Canada for Christmas. The people beside me have never flown before and were shocked to find out it is a 7 hr flight and to learn about the time change. I guess I take for granted I know about those things and how they work. But still, I was a bit shocked.

Tried to get upgraded but no luck. Had the most amazing luck being upgraded with Tim on our flight to Osaka in October for our friends wedding. Business class! Massage chairs! Champagne! Tons of leg room and they served us ice cream at midnight! I was so happy. Now I ask every time.

Excited to go home but also know it will be a trip of mixed emotions. Great to see friends but will also be attending a memorial service for a friend who I'm used to spending a lot of time with over the holidays. And i'm going to miss Tim who will be in Liverpool for Christmas. But overall I'm very happy and excited to see everyone. Especially since last year I wasn't able to go home.

Now comes the flight. On the exciting side: MOVIES!!! In the not so exciting side: being stuck in a small space with lots of grumpy people. Here's hoping for a smooth flight.
- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

safe travels!


web statistic