currently...

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

OperRAH - RAH - RAH

Toronto is a busy city these days.

Today was the inaugural opening of the Four Season's Centre for the Performing Arts. We finally have an opera house! So THAT'S what was missing!! Although I am lucky enough to have already been inside for a performance (it was a technical sound check but a full concert), tonight was the gala opening and there was a live telecast to Nathan Phillips Square across the street for all the commoners to watch what was going on as well. It was great. There were hundreds of people sitting out in the square in front of the big screen and clapping at the end of each song. The sky spit on us for a while but then ceased and just left us with a big rainbow to marvel at. I left before the end to wander home but apparently the performers came to do an encore for the crowd outside. BRAVA!!!!

Why is it that anytime I post something on craigslist I am suddenly bombarded with strange replys from strange people? Is it craigslist that attracts them? Someone should do a study.

So we are looking for a roommate to replace Robin at the end of the month so I posted and have already gotten some 'interesting' responses. Highly entertaining. One Czech couple who want to rent the room (despite the ad saying we are looking for a girl) even sent photos of themselves. The best was Rico! who said he looks kind of like a girl so is that close enough? And then he sent a link to his myspace profile. Sorry Rico. You are not woman enough. The best responses are the ones from people who only write "Sounds good. Call me." And then leave their phone number. Hmmm. No. Sorry, don't think so. Needless to say, I am sure Corinna and I will have an interesting time finding someone.

Below is part of a letter from Rever who REALLY wanted to live with us (in AMERICA). Bless us, Amen.

...as matter of urgence,i'm looking for a comfortable space and I will be very
glad to have all this questions answered with out leaving a stone
unturned...I will like to make an advance payment ahead my arrival so that
you can be rest assured that this is real since I am not in the state
presently.i will be greatful to rent your place before i could get a
roommate/flat share to stay as roomie with me because i'm presently in
nedtherland and i will coming to america for a contract. kindly email me
directly.Thanks and have a good time.
Rever Willians,
Bless you Amen.

1 comment:

Mariza said...

Sorry I missed you at the plazacast. We ran over from the Four Seasons Centre after the show went in but didn't see you and I ran back the second it started drizzling.


web statistic