currently...

www.flickr.com

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fever

The World Cup is a crazy time in Toronto. Particularly in my neighbourhood. I am in Little Italy, while bordering Little Portugal. The Brazilians tend to congregate in a couple of bars in Little Portugal as well, and then just everyone else representin' from around the world I think drive their cars with their music and their flags to my 'hood just because this seems to be an area where people are craziest about the cup. I have to say... I am cheering for France. My landlady and neighbours would kill me.

It is an exciting time though. Not only when the games are actually on. When they are on each and every bar and restaurant in the area has a big screen tv and the places are packed with screaming SCREAMING fans equip with air horns and anything that makes a racket. Once the games are over the cars come out with people hanging out the windows with their flags and music and even after one Brazil game there was a convertible cruising up and down College with 2 Brazilian ladies in like a showgirl costume - with thongs and feathered headpieces. They were waving Brazilian flags.

I heard of an interesting site that takes a look at the Cup from another perspective... How many people have DIED as result of the festivities!

No comments:


web statistic