currently...

www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Running Running Running

Gahhh, it's been a crazy week. Work is suddenly crazy busy and I am doing about 1000 other things in that way that I always do things where I sign myself up for too many things for me to handle and then it all gets stressful. Have I written this before? It's seeming familiar.

Yesterday we worked at a conference that we were a major sponsor of where business people who apparently have $500 to toss around to come and listen to 'inspirational' speakers. Last year it was Bill Clinton & Mark Burnett. Yesterday it was Michael Eisner and Sir Richard Branson (and others). Michael Eisner only reminds me of watching Disney movies on Sunday nights when he would introduce the movies. Mr Boogedy, Child of Glass (scariest movie ever - gave me nightmares for weeks), The Girl Who Spelled Freedom.

What was really interesting was running into an old 'friend' of mine, this guy I dated like 5 times, who was quite smart and witty but a total conservative. As in, he loved the political party. He was a 'young conservative' and attended events and wanted to one day run for office. He had posters of conservative leaders in his room and asked me on our first date how I voted in the last election. The funny thing was that I voted NDP (far left) and only ever fought with him over politics. He drove me crazy, but not in a good way. He was actually one of 3 conservatives that I dated and dumped. Strange guys who were proud to show their love for a party I loved to hate.

Then last night I went to see a film with Karen but Gael Garcia Bernal didn't show up. (He produced the film). Oh Gael, when will you realize you and I are meant to be? We can work past the height difference, I promise.

Exhausted, I was working at a job fair today, that mostly had new immigrants looking for work. It was depressing but still hope-filled when we felt we could help them. I like seeing people get a fresh start. They are a courageous group.

So, after the fair I was taking the bus home, exhausted and sleeping on my feet after long days and late nights and as it was my stop, I rang the bell and went to reach for the swinging handle to grab hold of so that I wouldn't fall down as the bus pulled to a stop but it just grazed my hand and I yelled "Ohhhuuuuuuuuuuhhhaaaaa" in a strange voice and then fell over and slammed on the foot of the girl behind me. People were openly staring at me. I was so tired that I just started laughing out loud and then they stared more. Sometimes I worry if I am crazier than I realize.

Not as crazy as people who get Clay Aitkins tattoos. Please see all of these!! two three four Although once a girl I worked with got a tattoo of a teddy bear sitting on an anchor. That was a nice one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You appear petite in your photos. You're taller than 5'6"?


web statistic