currently...

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Cuban Cigars and Strip Clubs

Just spent a couple days in Windsor for work, my hotel room window looking across towards Detroit. Walking around the lovely downtown I notice an abundance of strip clubs (advertising lap dances - apparently these are illegal in the U.S.?) and every shop seems to also sell Cuban cigars. I grew up on a border town but we only had 2 strip clubs and no presence of cigars that I knew of. Or was I just blind to it all? Or is this just a recent phenomenon?

I am full of stress and a sore throat after a day of talking to people for 4.5 hours. I forgot how tiring that was. And how tiring travel was. I feel so emotionally whipped and fragile right now. There is so much on my mind. And my face hurts from smiling all day. Whaa... poor me. Smiling too much!

But it is stressful looking for a new roommate. Craigslist makes it easier but people are real idiots. So far, our most hopeful response is a girl that sounds just like our old roommate - right down to sharing the same first name and occupation as a yoga instructor. But we havne't met her yet... and our expectations might be a bit high!

The next 2 weeks are looking grim. Non stop stuff. Not much of it very exciting or non-work related (except for 2 hockey games!) And my iPod is broken. I think that is what has really shattered me. I don't know what to do. I feel so lost. So aware of what is going on around me. It is all too much to handle.

1 comment:

Mariza said...

Wow, one more reason not to join the iCraze.


web statistic