currently...

www.flickr.com

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Fritz

Technology is failing me lately. First my iPod. There is still no sign of life to the thing. Then our wireless signal keeps spazzing out. So my access to the internet at home is unpredictable at best. My camera has been an on-going battle for the past 3 or 4 months, with strange lines showing up in the photos and memory card errors being a common occurrence. Now the latest is my cell phone. Over the weekend during an "Apple to Apples" drinking game, one lively participant spilled her drink on my cell phone. I didn't notice until the next day that when the alarm goes off you have to turn off the phone in order to shut off the alarm, and it won't charge properly.

So the question is... which of these should I spend money on replacing/fixing? The internet, I guess I can call my provider and see what they can do for me... but the others? Not likely a very easy fix. Sorry, I am obsessing over these things and letting them make me totally grumpy. The sudden issues with all things internet/phone/music related has totally changed my every day activities and routine.

One interesting thing that I have noticed is that this week I have had really vivid dreams. I rarely remember much about my dreams, but this week, each morning, there has been a strange and seemingly real dream to wake up from and remember clearly. All since my iPod stopped working. Hmmm - connection?

I had a dream about a golden retriever who was following me around and listened to what I said. To clarify the significance of this... I have never had my own dog, so no dog has ever totally obeyed all my commands. So it was so neat in this dream to have a strange dog show up and just listen to what I said! The dream then turned to focus on an email from my old employers in Kenya (I was still living there in my dream). The email stated that I had to learn and perform a traditional African dance (in costume) by the next day or else I would be stoned to death. So I was in a second hand store trying to find a suitable costume with my mom helping me and the dog following us around. I was pretty sure that I would be able to learn the dance but I was still pretty worried about being stoned to death.

1 comment:

Mariza said...

You are insane.


web statistic