currently...

www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dionne Warwick

It is such a nice, cold, brisk, fresh day out today. So happy that I dragged my ass out of bed to the gym this morning then took my time coming back home; harassing Karen to grab some lunch, walking around and checking out the shops, and almost going to the art gallery to check out a photography exhibit (line ups too long). I just like being outside when it is sunny.

Last night for Michele's birthday we went for dinner at this place that also has psychics. So we all got our tarot cards read. It was pretty funny. Quite a few people had pretty accurate readings. Mine was not even close. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

So, I walk in, and the woman is all... "Wow, I have this really strong vibe ever since you walked in, and it is all about William or Bill. Who is William or Bill?" Me, being a little tipsy at this point, and really WANTING to believe she can tell me the future, am furtively searching my brain for someone I know named William or Bill. There are none. My 6th grade teacher was named Bill. That's about it.

"Ok, well, keep and eye out for William or Bill. But there is also a very strong A presence in your life. A blond man with an A name, like Aiden or Andrew - he has strong feelings for you". No, no A-men. Dammit, I am starting to have my doubts about her now.

It only gets worse...
"Your parents are divorced." No.
"Your sister is going to have a baby girl". I don't have a sister. And my brother is single.
"You are going to travel to Vancouver soon". Um, well, I was there 4 months ago, but I don't think I'll be back for a while... but who knows... that one might work.
"You will only be at your job for another year and a half" Well, actually, I'm not sure if I will even last that long... but ok, good to know.
"You need to stick your feet in the mud and feel the earth between your toes. Pray, but remember that praying isn't religious, it is spiritual, whether you pray to mother earth, Jesus, Buddha or whomever"
This last thing, she said to almost all of us. It is tough to be a psychic and give a reading to 12 girls in the same group... you must run out of things to say. All the girls who were there that were married were told they would have babies within the next year, all the girls who were single were told they would meet someone within the next year, all the girls who were in relationships were told they would be engaged within a year.

Anyway, it was fun regardless. But I started to feel bad for her. And I couldn't stop laughing because when I am in ridiculous situations like that all I can do is think about telling my friends about my experience and it always makes me laugh to imagine their reactions.

Maybe I'm just not readable. Or Prince William or Bill Clinton are going to enter my life and sweep me off my feet. Who really knows?

No comments:


web statistic