currently...

www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dodging Bullets

I played my first game of Dodgeball tonight. I was a little bit nervous initially, mostly about getting hit in the face, but I quickly realized that a) that probably wouldn't happen because hitting someone in the face is illegal and b) the ball is REALLY REALLY soft so it wouldn't hurt if I got hit anyway. It was so fun. But crazy, because you are playing with 4 balls. 6 people per side, 4 balls, completely crazy. But so fun. Any kind of physical activity and calories burnt in the process was completely erased by the beer and nachos we ate after. But it is a SPORT and SOCIAL club... so you need the social aspect in order for it to all be worth it.

Last night I had a dream that Simon from American Idol was hiding in a shed in my back yard. I watch the show last night for the first time in like 3 years and I dream about it right away. I think the reason is that two of the people that they were making fun of (you know the mother/daughter with the glasses & red lipstick?) remind me of the mother & sister of a girl I know from elementary school who is really sick right now. It kind of made me mad that they were mocking them. I know that is the whole reason that people watch the show during the beginning episodes, is just for the crazy people that are out there... but it makes me sad that everyone laughs at these completely clueless people who are so earnest and thankful for the opportunity. Although, my GOD... that girl REALLY should have been wearing a bra! And was the Pussycat Dolls' song REALLY a good choice? Seriously?!? But some people come on that show purposely acting weird, but these two seemed actually authentic and clueless to their strangeness.

Tomorrow I go to see a psychic. I am not a believer in such things but rather am very interested in what she will tell me based on my outward appearances, body language, and overall demeanor. I will let you know how it goes!

Also, good news in that I can delay my acceptance to school #1 until after my interview with school #2. YIPPEE! One less thing to worry about.

No comments:


web statistic