currently...

www.flickr.com

Friday, April 13, 2007

Bohemian

Ok, I suck at dodgeball. I am not afraid to admit it. It is fun. But I cannot throw very well and I cannot catch very well and I dodge ok, but that is not enough to win a game. We were in the finals tonight against an undefeated team (the Runs & Throwses) and they kicked our asses. I am looking forward to starting ultimate frisbee again because at least by the end of last season I felt like I was an asset to my team. Dodgeball, I was seriously considering using myself as a sacrifice each game and just blocking the good players. I couldn't even pull that off. :)

Regardless, these sport & social clubs are always fun because you meet some new and interesting people and you have something to talk about when you go out for beers after the game (bitch about the opposing team) even if you don't know anything about each other initially. Tonight, being our last game, we head for beer and wings and watched some hockey (go Sabres!) and eventually drank enough to partake in the karaoke festivities going on at the bar. Good times. THAT smells like team spirit! I relied on an old standby (Bohemian Rhapsody) while others did Bryan Adams and there was an attempt at Journey. Really, in a sports bar where most of the patrons are drunken hockey fans, there are no divas or superstars and people just usually enjoy the entertainment, no matter how terrible it is. So you can't really go wrong. Or so the beer made me believe. Good thing tomorrow is Friday....

No comments:


web statistic