currently...

www.flickr.com

Monday, April 09, 2007

Long Time

It always happens. With each day that I don't write something, it becomes even harder to write something the next day. Soon I can't imagine anything that I could possibly write about. So that's where this post comes in. Kind of necessary for me to get anything else out in the upcoming days.

I could write about the cold weather that just seems to be staying here forever. Or the fact that I just had a FOUR day weekend, but didn't actually do much of anything. Or the fact that my dodgeball team came from behind to won in the semi-finals and will be playing the undefeated first place team for the championship this week. Or how about my hockey team, the Leafs, are out of the playoffs after teasing me enough into almost believing they would make it. They break my heart every time.

But I've had a couple of strange weeks. Work and life were majorly stressing me out. So I was doing weird things. Like buying lottery tickets. I never buy lottery tickets. I was obsessing over the idea of winning the lottery and what I would do if I won. And I was checking my horoscope religiously. Anyway, it was a bit out of character, these things. It all seemed a little desperate. But I think I'm over it. I think I was just looking for a sign or something. Some reassurance. But the other day I kind of shook my head clear and realized that there is no sign. But I don't need one.

Last year in Kenya when I was bored at work I would sit and memorize capital cities of the world. I was up to about 75% memorized by the end of my time there. Some of my favourites:
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Antananarivo, Madagascar
Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Montevideo, Uruguay

1 comment:

Lottie said...

Good on ya K. Even your filler is entertaining. When I can't think of a thing, I just don't write -- cuz it's just too obvious when I'm grasping at straws.

I should also stop telling people about my blog, because once they start visiting it, I can never write about them again.

Another reason why I've kind of stopped. Gets in the way of maintaining this nicey-nice exterior.


web statistic