currently...

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Selective Rain

Yesterday it was so humid all day. After work I head downtown to grab some dinner before doing an evening presentation and the craziest thing happened. You could tell that it was going to rain. You could smell it in the air. I was walking down the street and could feel little spits of rain start to randomly hit me and the ground around me. As I was crossing one street I looked south down one block and saw complete chaos. It was a complete downpour with people running for cover, screeching and ducking into doorways. It made me stop and laugh out loud because it was only about 20 feet away from me but there was no rain on me. In fact, you could see a line on the road where the rain stopped. I wasn't the only one who noticed and a few of us just stood there, dumbfounded at the sight. It was actually a few minutes before the rain caught up to us too -but I've never seen anything quite like that before.

Gosh I've been so busy. My brain is going 2000 miles/minute. It is not just one thing, it is everything. I'm trying to adjust to having this second job plus my original job is keeping me on my toes (and on the road) a few days a week as well. I think I am also just stressed because I am going to visit my parents for the long weekend and I'm trying to prepare for it and feel rushed. I'm just tired. Usually I really like being busy. It keeps me happy. It really does. But then when there is just one little snag it throws the whole machine out of whack and suddenly I'm a mess. It will pass.

You know what I like? Ice cream. I think June should be all about ice cream consumption. I'm going to have to write that in my day planner.

No comments:


web statistic