currently...

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Twitchy

Sometimes I get so tired that I can't function anymore. Wow, what a revelation, huh! I'm so unique. No, but what I'm trying to say is that last night I went to see this preview of a documentary my friend is working on about Barrick Gold and the unbelievable human rights and environmental abuses behind its successes. Drilling glaciers and cyanide in drinking water, police brutality and government corruption. Anyway, we went to the later showing (introduced by the fabulous NO LOGO author Naomi Klein) and his film was followed by a similarly themed full-length doc regarding the situation of Barrick in Australia. The second doc was good but LONG and I got really really tired. Twitchy legs tired? You ever get that? When you are so tired you just want to lie down so your whole body gets fidgety and twitchy? Strange and VERY irritating phenomenon, particularly when you are in a place where you can't really get up and leave without seeming rather rude. By the time it was all over I was so exhausted I wanted to RUN out the door so that I could get home and into my bed as quickly as was humanly possible. I could hardly even talk. Luckily I was with people who were understanding enough to know that I get like that sometimes. :) I actually did run at one point. Exhausted yet I knew that by running I could be sleeping sooner so I decided to expend the energy for the greater cause. I can just imagine what I must have looked like. Times like that I just wish I was a little kid whose mom could just pick up and put me into the back of the car so that I could just drift off with no worries about getting home, missing streetcars, packing lunches all before being able to sleep. Sometimes being an adult is hard for the stupidest reasons.

I think I inadvertently insulted one of my roommates. I came home and she was making and eating soup. I went upstairs for about an hour. Downstairs again to boil some water and saw her at the stove cooking an omelette. "Didn't you already eat?" I blurted out. I thought it was funny. She looked hurt and said "That was mean! It's not like I'm fat or anything!". Oops. I apologized but I think it was too late. I really didn't think she would be insulted. #1 she is tall and super super skinny - my friend K thinks she is a dead ringer for Mila Jovovich (very true). So I didn't think she would get insulted about something like that. #2 she is German and usually seems not to take insult in anything people say. In fact, I have found her to be fairly insensitive at times herself. #3 I really didn't think before I spoke or mean anything by it. I guess that is my mistake. See what happens when you are overtired? Bad things all around. Sleep is the only solution.

I really like the new Feist album. FUN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I google your blog the bit about eating human flesh shows up. Why is that?


web statistic