currently...

www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 20, 2007

To the left, to the left....


This is my bike - it's called "the Falcon". Looks cool from far away but is rather ghetto. But at least no one will steal it. Behind "the Falcon" is where I live. Just kidding. It is actually King's College.

I have been riding my bike everywhere and while it has taken a slight bit of getting used to, I must say I am liking it quite a bit. I am used to walking or public transporting myself and having a bike gives one a certain amount of freedom! Plus riding to school in the crisp mornings is a nice way to wake myself up.

The one thing that is tough is the fact that those crazy Brits drive on the wrong side of the road. And they have roundabouts. And as a bicycle rider, you are expected to follow their rules. Imagine. So far so good. And watching the other experienced riders helps me to know what to do.

The only problem that I have had so far with my bike was the other morning, riding through a lovely meadow on a bike path and my chain jammed and made a huge noise just as I was coming up alongside the stream. There was a flock of about 20 geese (actual white and grey geese - no canadian geese I am afraid) sleeping with their heads tucked into their feathers when I woke them all up with my bicycle commotion. So they all started squawking so loudly that I jumped and nearly fell off my bike into the stream. But I didn't. Close call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the falcon is revealed!
paul

Mariza said...

I didn't realize that there was any other kind of goose!

Anonymous said...

Get a helmet dear friend!


web statistic