currently...

www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Diving into icy water

Things have been busy. I feel like a broken record already and it has only really been 4 weeks. Classes are tough (although the tons of team work actually helps me because I have 2 people in my team with finance backgrounds who can explain things to me) although I'm still really having a great time.

A typical day:
7am - wake up
8am - arrive at school to do readings for an hour in the MBA syndicate room- also make my tea or coffee so I can stay alert for the first class
9am - classes start - until 12:30 (there is a 20 minute tea break half-way through
12:30 - 2pm - lunch and usually a team meeting or else this is the only time to do running around while shops are open for regular business hours.
2 - 5:30pm - more classes with another break. the only day we dont' have a full day is Wednesday but that is the day we often have career workshops.
5:30 - 7:30 I usually stick around and read for a while until my stomach is about to consume itself.
7:30 - 10:30 - go back to my college to prepare dinner and then do internet! then i study some more!!
10:30 - 12 - if I am not doing work or talking on the phone I might go for a drink at my college pub.
12 - 1am - I actually usually clean my room up and prepare things for the next day - then I collapse! :)

The reading and assignment thing - I really read that much. I am so proud of myself! But at the same time, as assignments are starting to build up as well as my obligations as social officer increase (attending many social events- DARN), some readings may go un-read. but I guess that's all just part of it. The deputy director of our program came for drinks tonight. They all keep mentioning how important it is that we all go out and socialize this year. I was really impressed that we had a turnout of 35 people for pub night tonight considering we are in the middle of finance recruitment week and we all have readings coming out the wazoo - but our class has a real sense of team and hopefully it lasts for a while.

One really fun thing that happened tonight was that there was a pub quiz! We did terribly, mostly because my team was me, a Nigerian, a Kiwi, and a South African-born, British raised doctor who has been living in Antarctica for the last 2 years. And most of the questions were all about UK politics and entertainment. Luckily we still came third. But next time I might pick my team a little more carefully.

The weather has still been really nice. Although in the mornings, it's killer. SO COLD. And hopping on the bike and pedalling out is SO TOUGH those first few minutes before I warm up. But what a way to wake up in the morning!

No comments:


web statistic