currently...

www.flickr.com

Monday, June 12, 2006

Blinded by Science

This was a weekend that I was hoping to go away but because of the unemployment I stayed in town. It actually ended up being a fun weekend.

Saturday was a bbq at my old roommates' place. The drinks were flowing and the food was GOOD (despite the fact that Amie dropped my sausage on the ground). They invited their neighbor's to join in which included these 2 little Russian boys Luke and Leo. Leo is some kind of genius who is 8 and was talking about how he either wants to be a mathematician or an insectologist when he grows up. Then he started talking about ancient Egyptian society with us. We, meanwhile were completely drunk and having a hard time keeping up. Poor kid must have thought we were nuts. Later on we went indoors to enjoy some karaoke (I did a KILLER version of "She Blinded Me With Science") and more drinks/food.


On Sunday I spent the day studying and then walked back to their place to eat all the leftovers for dinner and we sat and watched our 2 favourite movies, "The Exorcist" and "Napolean Dynamite". I swear, I lived with those 2 girls for 3 years and I think for the rest of our lives it will always be like we are roommates.

Despite my better judgment I went with Amie downtown late Sunday night to meet up with 2 friends who we used to work with at Rainforest Cafe who were back in town for the weekend. I really didn't feel like going out but tried to stick with my philosophy from Kenya (and Denmark before it) that I should accept EVERY invitation. Why go to bed on time when you can go out and have fun (despite the huge zit on my chin). And it was a great time. I have forgotten how much fun those people are.


It's like the gym. You never want to go - but once you have been there you are so glad you went. It's worth the effort. I think that is always the key to having a good social life - you have to say go out even when you just feel like going home and sleeping.


On a downer note, my camera is not working well at all. I have vowed to take at least 2 good photos a week to publish on flickr or here but I will take photos and then they will say MEMORY CARD ERROR and they will all be gone. I have tried switching memory cards and it hasn't made a difference. This worries me. A shame because the World Cup here is crazy and I want to capture it all on film. Living on the border of Little Italy/Little Portugal with representation from all the Central and South American countries in the area - it has been a madhouse since Friday. I love it.

No comments:


web statistic