currently...

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Heat

Wow it is hot here. So today after doing my usual daily routine and meeting up with a friend to show him around my hood (in the 40degree heat), I met up with A for dinner. A couple drinks and some mahi mahi later we head into the mall to do some shopping for me. I think the heat plus the drinks plus the excitement of feeling like I was allowed to shop (finally) got to me. So I spent WAAAYYYY too much money on a suit. While intoxicated. And the sales clerk reminded me about 3 times that it was FINAL SALE because it was on sale and about $150 off the original price.

As I took the subway home I sobered up and started to panic. Did I make a mistake? A very expensive mistake? NEVER SHOP WHEN DRUNK!

Luckily I got home and tried it on and I still love it. I need a couple of suits for this job so it was warranted that I buy it (particularly because it was on sale). But I know my thrifty friends will still make fun of me... (MARIZA). And it could have been such a disaster. I don't know what got into me.

GOD I missed shopping!!!

1 comment:

Mariza said...

I am rubber and you are glue, Kathryn!!!

or

What goes around, comes around!

or

If you didn't make fun of me, I wouldn't make fun of you.

AND

I personally am glad you bought the suit. I can't wait until the old, shop-like-mad, huge-wardrobe-from-Aritzia Kathryn is back.

=)


web statistic