currently...

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

High Heels

I have a job.

What a relief. The interview today went well and she basically told me then that I had it. She called later in the day with the actual offer. I met most of the people I will be working with and they seem really nice. The benefits are REALLY REALLY extensive and good and fully covered. I get lots of holiday time (very important to a girl who likes to travel). It is a flexible schedule in that as long as I work 7 hours in a day it doesn't matter when I start/stop. They give me $50/month to go towards my public transportation fees. They pay for 1/2 my gym membership. They have BBQs on the roof of the office building once in a while. They seem to really have that whole mindset that employee satisfaction is extremely important. I like that. I also don't mind what I will be doing. It will involve some province-wide travel. Presentations. Seminars. Conferences. Sponsorships. All things I actually like dealing with. Right now it seems like a much less busy version of my old Travel job, with more money and cushier job perks (minus the free flights).

So I'm happy.

The best part is that it doesnt' start for 2 weeks. Which leaves me time to study and write the GMAT next Wednesday. And relax a bit. And buy some new shoes! And burn my resume. And delete the millions of job files on my computer. And cancel my interview at the Funeral Home. YEAH!

5 comments:

Mariza said...

You never said anything about a funeral home! After watching season 1 of 6 feet under, I'm thinking, maybe it wouldn't be so bad...especially if any of them even remotely resemble Nate.

Lottie said...

I saw the posting for the funeral home and had considered applying for it! I just didn't think I could handle the disappointment of not being greeted at the door by Nate Fisher. *sigh*

orange you glad said...

I agree. I was romanticizing it in my head but knew that it would be far from reality. The only real benefit I could see about that job would be potential discounts for family and friends? Sometimes getting to apply the make up to people's faces? I really don't know what else...

beth said...

Congrats! Sounds like a perfect fit for you. Yay travel, yay employee appreciation.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You deserve to be employed! Look out office here comes Kat!


web statistic