currently...

www.flickr.com

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Viva Italia

It was a beautiful day Friday so Mariza, Loretta & Jessica and I went to Toronto Island to the beach. Hanlan's point is actually Toronto's only clothing optional beach. There were a slew of naked people. Mostly men who strut their stuff all day. Penises on parade. Too much. We were left alone for the most part (most guys there are cruising for other guys) but we did get asked to play frisbee by a guy in a purple thong.

There is a lot going on in the city right now. A bunch of festivals, the finals of the World Cup (congrats Italy) and the Molson Indy. I could hear the race cars from my window and it sounded like a swarm of bees all day.

This evening my band practiced. Did I ever tell you about the band I am in? Mariza, Jon, Dez & I started just making up songs and playing for fun at Mariza's place and then one time we rented out this studio equipt with drums, amps, mics, and soundproof walls (most importantly) and we rocked out for a few hours. Jon & I started writing some songs. We started practicing more. We came up with some alter egos and are working on a website. It is highly fun. I am the lead singer songwriter and occasionally dabble in keyboards. Mariza rocks out the cow bell and tambourine. Jon is drummer/dictator. Dez is lead guitar. We are pretty terrible but are still thinking about putting some of our videos on YouTube. I don't know if I could handle being famous though. I never know what to do when surrounded by screaming fans.

If you want to see a funny video go here and either watch the Shoes one or the Muffins one. It is very Kids in the Hall but still great.

1 comment:

Lottie said...

The MUFFINS video reminds me of the KITH's Potato Salad skit.


web statistic