currently...

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I know it's corny

Yup, I have a new mantra. Well, I developed in in Kenya. I can't really remember when or why or how it came upon me. But it's the whole idea of moving forward and leaving your problems and worries and issues behind you. Because most of the time there really is nothing you can do about it (your worries) and what is the point of stressing? So yeah, hakuna matata. I wish that Disney had never created that song because it is cheesy and makes me not like to use the words but they are pretty useful to my mental health. My first big test of this way of dealing came when all the photos on my hard drive got deleted. Why cry? I am lucky to even have the memories of such amazing times, never mind actual photos. That would be icing, right? The blogger/google debacle? Also, not a big deal. If someone who I didn't want to find my blog found it, then there certainly is nothing I can do to undo that. I will deal with it, if I have to.

The gym has also kept me very sane lately. And helped me shed my Kenya weight - HURRAH! All my hard work payed off. It only took 6 months!

You know, I always hear women talking about how when they are in their late 20's, which I still somewhat cringe to admit that I am, that things start to fall into place and they finally feel comfortable in their skin. And I have to say that I do too. Maybe it's an age thing. Or hormones. Regardless, it's good.

Speaking of good... jumping rope for the glory of God is also good. You have to see it to understand. Particularly if you are having visions of "orientals".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As if people actually do that! I don't think I will be surprised at anything any more.


web statistic