currently...

www.flickr.com

Monday, October 09, 2006

Classy/Sassy vs Trashy/Flashy

Wed/Thurs - flew out of town for work to do some presentations and attend an event. It is always fun at first when you arrive at a hotel and work is paying for it and you have the room all to yourself! Then it quickly gets boring and you get tired of watching tv alone and you get easily irritated by the fact that the wireless internet access keeps disconnecting. Although it is hard to stay in a bad mood when your evening of eating pizza in bed while yelling at the hockey game is paid for by work.

Friday - overnight bus home for Thanksgiving. Yes, I said bus. I stood in line, surrounded by university students and grandmas on a budget and wondered if I should step up and swallow the cost of plane or car and never set foot in a stinky, cramped, bumpy, slow Greyhound again. But it wasn't that bad. And am I really above the Greyhound? Is anyone? I bussed across Africa in worse vehicles and survived... and even LIKED it, dammit! So yes, I will take a bus again. If there are no other affordable options. :)

Oh yeah... then I went on a colourful fall walk with my parents and then bowling with friends and ate too much. Yes, I went bowling. I take Greyhound busses and go bowling. Is that the sound of you judging me?

Saturday - the wedding. Former roommate Roberta marries her once internet-date Adam. They seem like a great couple. Small wedding. Turned into battle-ground where my 'date' Brent and I compete with Dave and Tessa for best outfits. Brent and I assumed that the competition focused on who looked better. We were going for 'classy & sassy'. Dave and Tessa went for 'trashy & flashy' (their term) with 20s inspired wedding gear! Hilarious. And despite the fact that Tessa's dress came in a bag (it was a halloween costume), they looked great! Those two crack me up. They may have won the best overall outfit category, but Brent and I still proclaim victory in the classy/sassy category.

One thing that was terrible and made me angry was everyone complaining about everything about the wedding. Food, music, speeches, members of wedding, were all critiqued rather loudly by quite a few people. I'm a bit of a sucker for being nice and polite during weddings because I can't imagine being the bride or whoever planned the damned event only to have friends bitch about it. Needless to say, I am glad wedding season is over. Just in time for some detox before the Holiday Party season begins.

No comments:


web statistic