currently...

www.flickr.com

Friday, December 15, 2006

Mouldy cheese bread

So we have had a minor mouse problem for a month or two. We would find droppings, so we set traps, but nothing was caught. And then there wouldn't be any droppings for a while. So we hoped they went away, you know, because they saw the traps and got scared. If they were smart...

Yesterday I came home to see a mouse in the doorway of my roommates C's room. Then I saw one peeking out of my vent. This made me rather unhappy.

My room is fairly clean. I vacuum regularly and don't leave food in it. So when my roommate L came home, I told her about seeing the mouse in C's room and in my vent. C is away until after Christmas so we decided to make sure that she didn't leave any food in her room. Well, she did. Her room looked clean until I looked under the bed (where the vent that attaches to my vent is located) and found two grocery bags. One of them had a moulded cheese bun. Just sitting there. Not wrapped in anything. The other one had some garbage and a bunch of crushed up cookies. The bags weren't tied or anything, they were just lying on the floor.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Sorry, I am upset. So we got rid of the garbage under her bed and proceeded to find a dead mouse in one of the traps downstairs. And so we got rid of it and then cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom. And threw away a garbage bag full of old mouldy food (from cupboards and fridge) and expired food (some that had ceased to be fresh in 2003).

So there will have to be an intervention of sorts. I actually feel a lot better. Because I thought that it was both of them. And I didn't want to be the control freak roommate who scolded everyone to clean up after themselves. So I didn't. And I was just kind of grossed out and disappointed with both of them. Now, it is something L & I can talk to C about, and hopefully it can be fixed. Because these girls are really great and I don't want something that is preventable to be an issue.

And I'm going on holiday tomorrow. To Montreal. It feels like a big holiday even though it is only for 3 days. I am just looking forward to hopping on the train and staying in a hotel and shopping and eating out and drinking HUGE cans of beer in our hotel room. :) And Michele is coming! FUN! And I can see Lauren! FUN.

So for L's sake, we aren't going to set the traps again until I come back... so she won't have to face cute but gross dead rodents on her own.

Update: Michele called me, just home from an office holiday party, to tell me that she hasn't had a chance to pack yet. She hiccuped a lot. She said that she had underwear and pajamas packed, but nothing dynamic. She almost won a contest at the party. But she didn't. It was the best party she has ever been to in her life. I think I better call her in the morning to make sure she gets up in time for the train. Too funny.

No comments:


web statistic