currently...

www.flickr.com

Monday, December 18, 2006

Swiss Cheese with Pink Peppercorns

Montreal is such a great city. I have been there about 5 times now. And people have always told me how great it is, and yet I never saw it. But this time, somehow I was able to see it. Michele & I wandered around the city pretty much non stop for two days, just walking and shopping and sampling the food and beverages the city has to offer. I wish I spoke French because it seems like it would be a great place to live. I love the houses. I love the restaurants. And the boys are very cute. I think it also really helped that we went when we did. Right before Christmas, with all the decorations up, and people in great moods. And the weather was quite mild (above zero) and even sunny for most of the time we were there. I have the same fuzzy warm feelings towards Montreal now than I do towards New York when I had a similarly good experience right before Christmas two years ago. It has made me feel more Christmas-sy. Toronto is Christmas-sy too, but when I am here, I am busy doing work or house stuff or other stressful things and I don't take the time to appreciate the Christmas goodness here.

I also got a chance to visit with Lauren who I haven't seen since we left Kenya. First over fondue (cheese & meat & chocolate!) then she threw a huge party on Saturday night that honestly puts to shame any of the big parties we attended in Kenya as far as food / beverages / service / atmosphere goes. She has come a long way from our humble brunch parties!

Anyway, I am a bit all over the place. Only 4 more days until I head back to the Soo for Christmas. So much to do between then and now. I am a bit dazed thinking about it all. I can't wait to go home.

No comments:


web statistic