currently...

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This hurts my head

Gambian president's cure for AIDS: green paste and bananas

An article from "The Daily Mail". Included in the article:

"Whatever you do there are bound to be sceptics, but I can tell you my method is foolproof," said Mr Jammeh, 41. "I can cure Aids and I will."
The former army colonel, who seized power in a 1994 coup, has said the treatment uses seven plants – "three of which are not from Gambia".
A green paste is applied to a patient’s chest. A grey liquid is then splashed on, and finally the patient is given a bitter yellow brew to drink, followed by two bananas.
Health workers are reluctant to make a direct criticism for fear of damaging relations with the government.

The worst part is reading the reader comments:

Cool. Now that there's a cure, I don't want to hear anybody whining anymore about how drug companies should be providing cheap AIDS drugs to African countries. Also, since a cheap cure is now readily available, I don't want to hear anybody whining about the "alarming" AIDS rates in Africa (or anywhere else for that matter).
-David

I have to go to bed. It is really too much sometimes.

No comments:


web statistic