currently...

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

VD and other updates

I have been rotten at updating. Several excuses, but I'll spare you. Here is what has been happening:

1) Interview went well. I won't know until next week though. And if I dont' get in, I think I will know why. It won't be because I forgot how to speak, or blanked out, or soiled my pants during the interview. Because I didn't do any of those things. The professor who interviewed me seemed to genuinely like me and we had a good rapport. His only concern was that I am an "atypical candidate", which he said is my strength as much as my weakness because other students may see no value in having me as a classmate, but the Cambridge MBA class prides itself on a diverse group, not just your typical bankers and business consultant people. So we'll see. But I'm not holding my breath. they only accept 105 people. We'll see.

2) I love New York. I had a great time seeing the Rangers (best stadium and damn, the Rangers fans sure have spirit). Weather was amazing (NYC has only offered me amazing sunny gorgeous weather every time I have been there so I only associate it with sunny skies). Food was good, shopping was good (I didn't buy anything except one summer shirt at Anthropologie), and people were highly entertaining.

3) I hate Delta Airlines. They suck my ass. 2 hours late on the way there, 1.5 hours late on the way back (and they ALMOST forgot our luggage at JFK). We were sitting in the plane and the pilot made an announcement that the plane wasn't balanced properly and that they had to load some sandbags into the back of the plane because it was too light. Well, I was sitting near the back by the window and saw them when they opened up the back of the plane and realized the reason it was so light was because there was no luggage! IDIOTS. People who complain about Air Canada should really count their lucky stars - it is like HEAVEN compared to Delta. Or so I think. By the time I got home on Sunday night it was 1am. I had to catch another plane the next morning at 8 (so had to wake up at 5:30am). Needless to say, I was not a happy camper on Monday.

4) Christina came to visit me on Monday night (after my quick trip to holy shite it's cold - Sudbury -27C) Tuesday we had the best night ever with free drinks, aura readings, happy hour specials on seafood and then the Leafs vs Islanders! We lost in overtime but we got to see a shootout which was fun and we were still super tipsy so it was very very fun. Did I mention that we made signs? But we didn't get on tv. Maybe next time.

5) I had a super fun Valentine's Day. How do you say Valentine's Day fun? How about an Austrian experimental film and french food!?! FANTASTIC! ;) Good times anyway!

Sometimes my iTunes comes up with the most horrible songs. I have about 4000 songs on my computer and some weird ones that I really SHOULD delete. Particularly when I am sitting here, in a good mood, and it is all thrown to hell when suddenly all I can hear is Michael Jackson ruining the Beatles' song "Come Together". My ears are bleeding.

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

I have the same problem with my iTunes. I often listen to the songs on party shuffle and sometimes get an unpleasant surprise.


web statistic