currently...

www.flickr.com

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Snowed in

Work even closed 2 hours early. Unfortunately for me, I had too much work to do to leave early. By the time I left, the roads were filled with cars, barely inching along. I took the subway as far as I could (lugging a rolley suitcase filled with work brochures for an event tomorrow) before having to walk for 30 minutes from Bloor to my house because there were no buses or cabs in sight. I hate rolley suitcases in the snow. Soaked and freezing by the time I got home, all I want now is tea and my feather duvet.

I like the snow though. And I like being that Northern Ontario girl who rolls her eyes at the fuss people in Toronto make over the snow. "This is NOTHING!" I yell at them. Although a minor snow storm wrecks far more havoc in a big city than it does in Sault Ste Marie. And when I was trudging through the snow with that damned brochure-filled suitcase dragging behind me, sunk in the snow, I cursed the weather too.

The countdown begins: 30 days until Spring!

1 comment:

Beth said...

lovely photo.

and I am envious of your snow!!


web statistic