currently...

www.flickr.com

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Have I Given Up?

No. I haven't given up on the blog. But very nearly. I am just trying to continue, slowly, bit by bit, until I head to school where I will be able to see the need to blog again. Right now there is so much going on, but I feel weird blogging about it. Once I start the whole school thing it will turn into a "keeping in touch with people and sharing my experience" thing than this is.

Sorry.

Waitressing has actually been fun. I dread it when Saturday night comes around, and Sunday morning am in a terrible mood waking up early and walking over to the restaurant. But once I'm serving and talking to people, it is kind of fun. Exhausting, but nice to have that interaction with people and physical workout. It feels more like you are working when you are physically exhausted at the end of the day, rather than just mentally and emotionally, as it has been with other jobs I have. :)

I saw a great old cabaret show the other night. It was very cool. Ran into a girl I knew from the theatre I used to do in my hometown. She was one of the servers in the "tavern". I felt bad because I introduced her to Paul as "Sarah" and called her that later in the night to get her attention and she pulled me aside and said, "I'm not sure if you know this, but I changed my name a few years ago. It's Fava now." I felt a little bad, despite giggling internally. I did know that. She seemed genuinely upset. I remember that she changed her name to Fava (after the bean) because she felt she had experienced a significant growth. Hmm. Ok. I guess I can respect that. But Fava? Not my favourite bean. Garbanzo, now THAT would be a great name.

1 comment:

Monsieur Bonhomme said...

I used to drive a CarBanzo but I traded for something with more leg ume.


web statistic