currently...

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm MELTing!

Yeh, so the hot is here again. But my house is actually not bad (considering we have no air conditioning and I live on the top floor of an old house). I have been trying all the flavours of a local sorbet company. About a pint a week. This week is strawberry. Last was mango and the week before lemon. very very good stuff.

Yesterday I had the best streetcar driver. Leaving the east end at about 11pm, i was running towards the stop (in my flipflops) when I gave up, realizing the streetcar was too fast and I was too slow. So the streetcar stopped for me! and the guy let me in. So nice. He was one of those uber friendly types who was having a conversation with about 5 of the people sitting around the front of the car and I joined in. Nice public transit experiences are always a treat.

Feeling stressed about how quickly time is going and how soon I'll be on the road again. It's everything... the stress about all i have to do to prepare, plus all the things I will be facing upon my arrival. When I think rationally, I know that everything will be fine. But the problem is that I often am unable to think rationally. I start to panic... thinking of all the major life decisions I have in front of me. Thinking... aghh! Will I ever be able to relax!?

Someone asked me to be a mentor for an internationally trained professionals mentorship
program. Darn, I really would like to do that... but I had to explain that I am leaving. I think I will give my notice in a couple weeks. Really, my last day of work will probably be August 10th. That is so soon. (enter knots in stomach) Is it weird that I am more stressed than excited?

No comments:


web statistic